Autumn is definitely starting to come to an end. The weather is getting a lot colder and all the colourful leaves are falling. So for today’s post I have some very apt leaf nail art.
Before I talk you through how I achieved the look, here’s the finished design..
1. Start by picking out which polishes you want to use. I chose L’oreal So Chic Fox for my base shade, China Glaze’s Electric Pineapple and Barry M’s Satsuma for the leaves, Barry M Black for detail, and Sinful Colors’ Call You Later for a little sparkle.
2. Apply your chosen base polish and let it dry fully.
3. For the leaves, wipe any excess polish of your brush and make a pointed shape with slightly curved sides. You can do as many leaves as you can like. I decided to go for one larger leaf with two smaller leaves in the different colour. I did this on my middle and ring fingers.
4. After applying two coats of polish for the leaves I added the detail. I used a small eyeliner brush to draw a line down the centre of the leaf. I then drew smaller lines either side to make small arrow shapes.
5. You could have leaves on all nails but a little glitter seemed better for me so on my remaining nails I added a layer of Sinful Colors’ Call You Later. A perfect autumnal glitter!
6. Finally, I added a topcoat to keep everything in place!
I’d love to know what you all think. And please do send pictures if you’ve tried this look yourself! :)